How to Block an Program to Internet Access With Windows Firewall. How to Block a Application from Accessing the Internet using Windows Firewall
Block an Program to Internet Access
Often you may want to block a program from accessing the internet. Or turn off autocad internet access. Or you may want to do the removal of an already disabled program blocking access to the internet.
Most of the applications that we install on our Windows computers want to connect to the Internet. When we remove our web browsers from this list, most programs collect and send data unannounced to us. For example: You may have an application that insists on updating itself automatically, but you may want to stop some of these functionality corrupting functionality. If you want to Turn off a Program to Internet Access, just follow this guide.
Block an App to Internet Access With Windows Firewall
- Press Win+R on your keyboard together.
- The Run window will open. Type “wf.msc” in the Open field and press the OK Button.
- You will see the Windows Defender Firewall. In the left panel, click the “Outgoing Rules” tab.
- Since we will add a new rule, click the “New Rule …” link on the right.
- In the window that opens, select the “Program” option and click “Next >” to continue.
- Now, we will select the location of our program with the “Browse ..” button from the “This program path” section, which will block or allow the program.
- In the window that opens, find and select the application to block and say “Open”.
- After selecting the main .exe file of the program as in the image below, we continue with “Next >” button.
- He asks us whether this program should be allowed or blocked? Choose whichever you want. For example, we will prevent. After selecting the “Block the connection” option, we proceed with the “Next >” button.
- Here we want to block all properties like “Domain”, “Private”, “Public” or to be allowed. continue with clicking the “Next >” button while it is checked in three options.
- We give a name to the rule we have created here. For example, for blocking Chrome. I’ve written your name as Google Chrome. Finally, click the “Finish” button to complete the process.
Unblocking a Program’s Internet Access
If you want to delete the rule for an application that you have previously blocked or allowed. As in the following image; Open Windows Firewall again by typing Win + R and typing “wf.msc”.
From the “Outbound Rules” section on the left, find and select the rule you created earlier. Finally, you can delete the current rule using the “Delete” link from the options on the right.