Closing Windows 10 Background Applications, Closing Windows 10 Applications Working in the Background, Closing Metro Applications Working in the Background, How to Close Background Applications on Windows 10?
Windows 10 Background Applications
Metro applications can run in the background on Windows 10. If you check Task Manager, you can see applications like Skype, Xbox, Photographs run in the background. Your computer gets slower when the number of such applications increases. Fortunately, Windows lets us close such application.
Closing Windows 10 Background Applications
- Press Windows START key and then click on Settings
- Then, click on the Privacy section with Locker
- Then move the panel down and click on Background Applications.
- If you want to close all the metro applications, disable the option ‘’Allow Background Applications to Run’’ and it will block all the applications to work in the background including the ones that you will install later as well.
- If you want to select the applications that will be closed, then enable ‘’Allow Background Applications to Run” and disable the applications in the list given below manually.
For example, let Weather application run so that you can see the weather all the time. However, you don’t use camera so often. For that reason, it is a good option to disable Camera.
How to Close Windows 10 Background Applications Permanently
Windows sometimes let applications run in the background. In such case, you can close them permanently:
- Firstly, press Win + R keys at the same time and write “gpedit.msc” and press ENTER
- Local Group Policy window will pop up. In the left menu, go Computer Configuration > Administrative Template > Windows Components and then select App Privacy.
- Then, double left click on the “Let Windows apps run in the background”
- Select “Active” option in the pop up window and then select “Force Deny” and press “OK” to save.
Close Windows 10 Applications Permanently with Registry Key
- Instead of all the steps given above, you can just close them permanently with a simple code. To be able to do that, just copy the code and paste on a notepad.
- Name it as “Closing Windows Background Application.reg” and save it.
- Make sure there is .reg at the end.
- Then, double click on the file and run it.
- Press “YES” and “OK”
- Background applications are successfully closed. Congratulations!