Disable Cortana on Windows 10, Uninstalling Cortana, How to remove Cortana on Windows 10? How to Disable Cortana on Windows 10? Uninstalling Cortana on Windows 10 Speeds up your Computer
Disable Cortana on Windows 10
Cortana is a digital assistant that we see on Windows 10 like Siri from IOS. Cortana is a program that runs in the background. Turkish is not among the supported languages. For this reason, it is best to disabling Cortana which slows down our computer for no reason.
Unfortunately we can not completely close SearcUI.exe, we can only disabling Cortana feature. If you remove or rename SearchUI.exe, then you wont be able to use Windows Start or Search features. For this reason, it is best to disable Cortana only.
Disable Cortana through Group Policy
- Press Win + R keys at the same time to open Run script
- Write “gpedit.msc” to the window and press ENTER
- Local Group Policy window will pop up. Then go Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Template > Windows Components > Search
- Then, double click on the option “Allow Cortana”
- After that, click on Disable and OK to save it.
- Apply the same disabling process on “Allow Cortana Above Lock Screen” and “Allow Search and Cortana to use location” options as well.
Disable Cortana through Registry
You can also disabling Cortana through registry. Copy the codes given below and paste it on a notepad. Name it as “Disable-Cortana.reg” and save it on desktop. Make sure that its extension is .reg. Otherwise, it will not work. Double click on the file and click on YES for permission. Finally, Cortana is disabled.
You can enable Cortana back when you wish. To do this, use the registry codes as you see above.