Fix Command prompt has been disabled by your administrator Windows10. Enable Command prompt has been disabled by your administrator or Virus affected Windows7
Fix Command prompt has been disabled by your administrator
Most of the time we need to use Windows Command Prompt. We need it, especially when dealing with adb on Android phones. However, computer-infected viruses by disabling some management tools to prevent the door of intervention. You may receive an error as if the command prompt was disabled by your administrator.
First of all, remember that viruses are the cause! Don’t forget to scan your system with the help of an antivirus. Because as you open it, the virus will shut down.
Activate the command prompt with Group Policy
- Firstly, press Win + R keys at the same time and write “gpedit.msc” and press ENTER
- Local Group Policy window will pop up. In the left menu, go User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System and then select System.
- Then, double left click on the “Prevent acces to the command prompt”
- In the new window that opens, select Disabled at the top left and click “OK”.
Activate the command prompt with the registry key
If gpedit.msc is also blocked, you can try the following method.
- Copy the code given below and paste it to a notepad.123456Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]"DisableCMD"=dword:00000000
- Name it as “Activate-Command-Prompt.reg” and save it.
- Make sure there is .reg at the end.
- Then, double click on the file and run it.
- Press “YES” and “OK”
- You have successfully re activated Command Prompt.