Fix Windows 10 Update 0x80070422 Error Code. Windows 10 Update (0x80070422) Update Error Solution. Windows Firewall 0x80070422 error code solution.
Fix Windows 10 Update 0x80070422 Error Code
When we want to update in Windows 10, when updating in Windows defender or when we want to add a new language to Windows 10, you may get Error 0x80070422. In this case, the first reason we will suspect is to check if the Windows Update service is working.
Sometimes Windows 10 users do some things to improve performance or to turn off Updates, as a result of which these problems may arise. You can do Speed Up Windows 10 and Disable Windows 10 Update Permanently without damaging Windows.
Opening Windows Update service with Command prompt
- First type “cmd” in the Start menu.
- Find “Command Prompt” in the results. Select “Run as administrator” from the options next to it.
- Enter the following commands in the “Command Prompt” window and press the “ENTER” key after each command:
sc config "wuauserv" start= demand
sc start "wuauserv"
Opening the Windows Update service with the Registry
- Copy the code below and paste it into a Notepad.123456Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wuauserv]"Start"=dword:00000003
- Save it under the name “Open Win 10 Update.reg”. Make sure the ending is .reg.
- Open this file you created last by double-clicking it. Click “Yes” and “OK” to the warnings that appear.
- Congratulations on opening the Windows Update service. Here you can change “Start” = dword: 00000003: 2 = Automatic, 3 = Open manually, 4 = Disabled.
Open the Windows Update service manually
1: Firstly, Press Win + R keys at the same time on your keyboard and write “services.msc” at the window and press ENTER key. You will see Services window.
2: Once the list of Windows services opens, find Windows Update in this list, right-click with the mouse and select Properties.
3: In the window that opens, select the Manual option in the Startup type: list and click the OK button at the bottom to save the changes.
After that, it is useful to restart the computer. You can then test whether the problem has been resolved.