How to Fix Windows 10 Update Change Access Denied, Windows Update Startup Type Does Not Change, windows 10 services access denied error, windows 10 update shutdown access denied, Windows Update service access denied error
Windows 10 Update Change Access Denied
In Windows 10, we can get the Access denied error when we want to change the boot type of the Windows Update service from the Services. When we say that I usually turn off automatic updates on windows 10, we can get some problems because we close some settings that we do not know.
Fix Windows 10 Update Change Access Denied
First of all, we have to mention that the reason for this problem is that if we want to turn off Windows updates, users from the bulgur at home would not be wrong. In other words, when we say close one feature of windows, we can cause another problem. We will solve this problem with Windows Update Blocker. For this:
- Download the program to your computer from the Windows Update Blocker link here.
- Extract the downloaded Wub.zip archive to the desktop.
- Then Right-click the Wub.exe file and run it as Administrator.
- When the program is opened, just select the “Enable Update” option and click the “Apply Now” button.
Now you can find out if the access problem is gone. Sometimes Windows 10 users do some things to improve performance or to turn off Updates, as a result of which these problems may arise. You can do Speed Up Windows 10 and Disable Windows 10 Update Permanently without damaging Windows.
Opening Windows Update service with Command prompt
- First type “cmd” in the Start menu.
- Find “Command Prompt” in the results. Select “Run as administrator” from the options next to it.
- Enter the following commands in the “Command Prompt” window and press the “ENTER” key after each command:
sc config "wuauserv" start= demand
sc start "wuauserv"
Opening the Windows Update service with the Registry
- Copy the code below and paste it into a Notepad.123456Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wuauserv]"Start"=dword:00000003
- Save it under the name “Open Win 10 Update.reg”. Make sure the ending is .reg.
- Open this file you created last by double-clicking it. Click “Yes” and “OK” to the warnings that appear.
- Congratulations on opening the Windows Update service. Here you can change “Start” = dword: 00000003: 2 = Automatic, 3 = Open manually, 4 = Disabled.
If the above actions did not solve your problem, you can finally try to reset the computer. So you can reset Windows without deleting your files. To reset Windows: You can check How to Reset Windows 10 (Keep Files, Without Format) guide.