How to Change MAC Adress on Windows? Permanent MAC address change program. How to Change MAC Address in Windows 10?
What is the MAC Address?
MAC Address (Media Access Control Address) is found on all adapters and devices that you connect to the Internet. Each adapter has its own Mac address. For example: MAC address of wifi adapter and Ethernet adapter is different. To be more specific, since a laptop has both wifi and ethernet adapters, it means there are two MAC addresses. Therefore, when you connect to the Internet with Wifi, you use a different MAC address when you connect with an Ethernet cable.
If you are going to change your MAC Address, you must change the MAC address of the adapter you are using, that is, connecting to the Internet. In addition, to mention one more thing; In addition to all these, the modem that you connect to the Internet also has a MAC address. When you change the MAC address of the adapter in your computer, the modem’s MAC address does not change. You cannot change the modem’s MAC address anyway.
How to Change MAC Adress?
We will be using a program to change the Mac address on Windows. With this program, you can easily change the Mac address of the adapter you want. The name of the program is “Technitium MAC Address Changer” Download from the link below and install it on your computer.
- You will see a list of adapters available on your computer. In this list, choose the adapter you connect to the internet (eg wifi or ethernet).
- Enter the new Mac address in the box that says Change MAC Address. If you wish, you can create a random new MAC address by clicking the “Random MAC Address” button.
- Finally, to apply the changes, click “Change Now!” Just click the button.
- Where it says Original MAC Address, the original mac address of your adapter is written.
- Where it says Active MAC Address, it writes the Current MAC Address information.