How To Clear Windows Print Queue? How to clean and delete Windows 10 print spooler? Clear Printer queue bat, How to Forcefully Clear the Print Queue in Windows? How to Cancel or Delete a Stuck Print Job in Windows
How To Clear Windows Print Queue?
In the Windows system, when we send a document to the Printer, we call it the windows print queue, which queues it and manages its queue printing. When your printer is not connected, windows queues it when you submit an output request, and when it is ready, it prints it in queue order. You can cancel documents in this queue at any time.
Canceling documents waiting on the printer
You can cancel the documents you send to your printer individually or all at once. For this:
- Double-click the printer icon in the lower-right corner of Windows with the mouse.
- You will see the print queue window.
- Here you can cancel the documents in the queue by clicking “Cancel All Documents” from the “Printer” menu.
How to Force Clear the Print Queue?
In some cases, the documents accumulated in the print queue cannot be canceled. This can cause users boredom. The print queue is cleared when you restart your computer, but with the help of a code, we can clean it very simply. When you turn the codes given below into a .BAT file and run each time, you will clean the printer queue without any problems.
- Open a new Notepad.
- Copy the codes below and paste them into the notepad.
- Then click File > Save as.
- Select All files (*.*) As the save type and save it to the Desktop under the name Clear Print Queue.bat
- Note that the file extension is .BAT, otherwise the file will not work.
- Right-click the Clear Print Queue.bat file you created and click “Run as administrator”. So your print queue will be cleared
net stop spooler
del %systemroot%\system32\spool\PRINTERS\*.spl /s
del %systemroot%\system32\spool\PRINTERS\*.shd /s
net start spooler