How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy Phone? How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy Device? How to perform a hard reset when my Samsung Galaxy is unresponsive? How do I do a factory reset on my Samsung phone? How do I restore my Android phone to factory settings?
When is the format the phone?
Your Android phone may slow down in time or you may have some software problems. These problems are like “Android Interface has stopped working” or “Android Camera has stopped working”. And in such situations, formatting can solve the issues. Mostly, the problems occurs when you upgrade the system softwares or apply any rom changes.
There are two things to do in such situations. First one is to restore factory settings which “soft reset”, and the second one is to format which is “hard reset”. As you know, we can just restore factory settings from settings tab. However, this may not be enough to solve the problems sometimes. When Samsung devices doesn’t start up or stuck at starting screen, you can format your device through a mode called Recovery Mode.
Before hard resetting the phone, make sure that the batter is more than %50. Do not forget to back up all of your personal data, especially phone book, messages and internal memory. Also the episodes that you passed on your mobile games will be removed.
How to Format Samsung Phone?
There are two ways to format Samsung devices: Soft Reset and Hard Reset. The most extensive one is Hard Reset. This will reset your phone completely.
To Format Samsung Phone, you should go Settings tab and then click on Advanced Options > Backup and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device buttons consecutively. This will get restore factory defaults of your Samsung device.
To be able to hard reset your device, firstly you need to get your device in Recovery Mode. Now we will explain how to get your phone in Recovery Mode. Just note that the way we will show may not be the same for all the Samsung phones. If it doesn’t work for you, you can google your device model and find how to do it.
- Press and hold down the Power key on the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up Button + Home (Medium or Bixby) Key + Power Key and release the keys when the Samsung message appears.
- When Recovery Mode is turned on, use the Volume Keys to scroll to “wipe data / factory reset” and press the Power Key once. In some models this can be the home (middle) key.
- Use the Volume keys to select “Yes – delete all user data” and press the Power key.
- It will return to the Recovery screen after deletion. Use the volume keys to highlight “reboot system now” and press the Power key. The phone will restart.