How to Find Unknown Drivers, Install Device Drivers. How to easily find drivers for Unknown Devices in Windows 7. How to Identify Unknown Device in Device Manager
In order for the operating system to use the hardware in the computer, that is to say, devices, we need drivers that we call drivers. With these drivers, Windows recognizes and uses hardware. If a hardware driver is not installed, you cannot use that device.
How to Find Unknown Drivers
If you have Internet after throwing format to our computer, Windows 10 automatically finds and installs drivers. However, there are sometimes unknown devices in the database. Sometimes Windows 7 operating system users still need to install drivers manually. we will try to explain how to download the right drivers in the easiest way.
Download drivers from the Manufacturer’s Site
Friends The most accurate drivers for your computer are always posted on your computer manufacturer’s website. If your computer is a laptop, you can download drivers on the manufacturer’s website according to the operating system.
For example, if you have a Dell computer, look rear at your computer and keep the model number in mind. You can access the manufacturer’s website by searching Google for your Dell model number driver. Here you will be asked which operating system you are using. For example, if you are using Windows 7 64 bit, the Windows 7 x64 option is selected here and all the drivers listed below are downloaded and installed on the computer.
If your computer is Desktop then you will access the manufacturer’s website according to the Motherboard. You can learn the model of your motherboard with the help of a program such as aida64. After learning the make and model of your motherboard, you can search for brand model driver and download drivers from related manufacturer site.
Install drivers automatically
There are applications that automatically find and install drivers on your computer from the Internet. However, these applications have disadvantages. One of these drivers is incompatible with your system. If you want this job to be done automatically DriverPack program is the best and free application that makes this job. However, DriverPack will install additional programs when installing drivers. Deselect programs that you do not want installed in advanced settings before installation.
Manually Finding Unknown Drivers
- First press the Win + R keys on the keyboard together. In the box that appears, type “devmgmt.msc”, and then press ENTER.
- You will see the device manager. Here unknown drivera Right-click and click Properties.
- In the window that opens, switch to the “Details” tab. Select “Hardware IDs” from the options under “Property”.
- Right-click and copy the first in the lines below.
- Look for this code you copied on Google or on the devid.info website. It will give you the name of this unknown hardware. You can search by name and find the relevant driver and download it.
- Also copy the VEN and DEV codes in this code “PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C8C&SUBSYS_07FA1028&REV_A1″ and Search in devicehunt.com to find the driver.
How do I identify an unknown PCI?, How do I find unknown devices on Windows 10?, How do I find missing drivers in Windows 10?, How do I find my hardware ID driver?