How to Fix Windows detected a hard disk problem, Start the backup process. Windows 10 How to Solve Windows detected a hard disk problem? Back up your files immediately to prevent information loss, and then contact the computer manufacturer to determine if you need to repair or replace disk.
If you receive this error, it is likely that your Hard disk is corrupted. We recommend that you back up your information on the hard disk. However, this error may occur for many other reasons, and in this case, it would make sense to implement solutions.
- Clean the inside of the computer case. Computer cases accumulate a lot of dust over time. These dusts may cause problems in electronic circuits from time to time. Clean the inside of the enclosure and remove dust from the internal hardware devices.
- Replace the SATA connection cable. Disconnect the hard disk sata cable and connect it to another connection or replace it with a DVD Player Sata cable.
- Scan your hard drive and identify potential problems. How to Fix Hard Disk Errors You should look at.
Hide “Windows detected a hard disk problem” Message
If you have resolved this error or want to continue using your Hard Disk despite this error, you may get this error message.
Hide “Windows detected a hard disk problem” Message with Group Policy
- Firstly, press Win + R keys at the same time and write “gpedit.msc” and press ENTER
- Local Group Policy window will pop up. In the left menu, go Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Troubleshoting and diagnostics and then select Disc Diagnostic.
- Then, double left click on the “Disc Diagnostic Configure execution level”
- In the new window that opens, select Disabled at the top left and click “OK”.
Hide “Windows detected a hard disk problem” Message with Registry
- Copy the code given below and paste it to a notepad.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Name it as “Hide-Message.reg” and save it.
- Make sure there is .reg at the end.
- Then, double click on the file and run it.
- Press “YES” and “OK”
- You have successfully re activated Command Prompt.