How to Reset Windows 10, Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings. Asus, Lenovo, Dell, HP Reset Windows 10 Without Deleting Files. Keep Files and Reset Windows 10
How to Reset Windows 10
As you know, in order to reset the operating system on the computers and to install new and clean software, it is necessary to install after the format with CD or USB. However, just like the Android and ios devices are familiar with the phone without installing anything reset method, Windows 10 came with. You can now reset your Windows! 0 computer to its original factory state without using any installation media.
You can perform two types of resets in Windows 10. In the 1st option, the application and files you have installed will only refresh the system files without deleting them. In the 2nd option, the entire computer (disk C and D) is reset. This method will not be as clean as installing new software by still throwing the format.
Make sure to back up all your files and folders before resetting on Windows 10! Because when resetting in Windows 10, Local Disk C and Local Disk D are also reset. so you need to transfer your information to an external drive. If you do not have an external disk to back up your information, you can opt out of this method and try the non-deleting method or discard the normal format.
Do not turn off the computer until the reset is complete. Be careful of a power failure. A possible interruption may damage the system.
Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings
- Click the Start menu, and then click the Settings icon.
- In the window that opens, click “Update & Security”
- Then click “Recovery” Then click the “Get Started” button under Recovery heading on the right.
- In the window that opens, select the type of reset. Click “Keep my files” if you don’t want your files to be deleted, or “Remove everything” if you want everything to be deleted.
- If everything is ready, click “Reset” to start the process.
During the reset, your computer restarts several times. Finally the computer turns on and you can start using Windows 10 clean.