How to Set Up Windows 10 Fingerprint Lock? How to Set Up Windows Hello Fingerprint Login? How To Fix Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working In Windows 10
How to Set Up Windows 10 Fingerprint Lock?
Logon security methods have also become more advanced with Windows 10. Among the secure login options that Mirosoft calls windows hello are; Many methods have been added such as face recognition, Fingerprint, Picture password, Password and pin.
Some PCs can have a fingerprint reader. In those who are not available, this feature can be gained with the help of a USB fingerprint reader. To set up Windows Hello Fingerprint, you must have introduced the Fingerprint reader to the computer. So the driver of the fingerprint reader must be installed on the computer. If it is not installed, you may encounter problems like “Windows 10 fingerprint is not set, Windows Hello fingerprint problem, Windows 10 fingerprint is not active”.
If your computer’s fingerprint is not working and is not recognized by the computer, you need to download and install the fingerprint reader driver from your manufacturer’s website with your computer’s serial number or model number.
- Click the Start menu and Settings icon.
- Click “Accounts” on the screen that opens.
- Then switch to the “Login options” tab in the left panel. Security types are located on the right. You must add a password before defining Fingerprint or facial recognition on your Windows computer. To do this, add a password to your account by clicking Password and press “Add”
Set-Up Windows Hello Fingerprints
- After adding a password to your computer, you can now set the Windows Hello Fingerprint. Now click “Windows Hello Fingerprint” from the “Sign-in options” section.
- Then click on the “Get Started” button to start Fingerprint identification.
- Windows Hello will already direct you. You should also lift your finger against the reader properly.
- When the program directs you to a different angle, continue by clicking the “Next” button. When fingerprint identification is finished. Windows hello will ask you to set a pin.
- After verifying your identity with the password you created earlier, set a new pin.
- This was the fingerprint setting process. You can add other fingerprints if you wish. You can add it by clicking the “Add Another” button.