How to Turn off Windows Narrator? Windows 10 How do I turn off the screen reader in Windows 10? How to Disable the Screen Reader? Windows 7 Screen Reader Shutdown
How to Turn off Windows Narrator?
The screen reader is designed to help visually impaired people use the computer by reading aloud the highlighted item or selected item with the mouse. However, sometimes we can unintentionally or accidentally turn on the screen reader, which can make sounds from the computer and annoy us. To turn off the screen reader in this case:
- In Windows 10 you can turn off Windows + Ctrl + Enter together.
- In Windows 7 you can turn off CapsLock + Esc together.
Turning Off Screen Reader in Windows 10
- First we need to access the settings for ease of access to do this: Press the Windows + U keys on your keyboard together. Or go to Settings> Ease of Access.
- Then in the Ease of Access, click Narrator in the Left menu.
- Turn on Narrator here. Set to Off.
- Then, go down a bit to uncheck the Start Narrator after sign-in for me and Start Narrator before sign-in for everyone in box.
How to Turn off Windows Narrator in Windows 7
- First we need to access the settings for ease of access to do this: Press the Windows + U keys on your keyboard together. Or, click Start > Control Panel > Ease of Access Center > Use Computer Without Screen.
- Then turn off the Auto-start screen reader options.