How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices? Apply for unlocking Mi devices. How to Unlock Bootloader on Any Xiaomi Devices Using Mi Flash Unlock Tool?
Customization is one of the reasons why Android users choose Android devices. However, this may be a problem for producers. Because devices with root or custom rom installed, software or hardware problems may occur after devices crash or play with hardware. This is why manufacturers place a bootloder lock on their devices because they do not want to deal with such warranty issues or repair replacement work.
- 1 How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices?
- 1.1 Install ADB Drivers on Your Computer
- 1.2 Step 1: Open developer options
- 1.3 Step 2: Unlock OEM
- 1.4 Step 3: Create an Mi account and log in from your device.
- 1.5 Step 4: Add your Mi account to your device
- 1.6 Step 5: Download the Mi Unlock tool to the computer
- 1.7 Step 5: Switch the device to Fastboot Mode
- 1.8 Step 6: Mi Unlock Operations
How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices?
In this article, we’ll explain how to unlock the Bootloader that Xiaomi offers for some phones, which prevents you from installing Root or rom and installing Custom Recovery Tools. As you may know, it is not possible to root on phones with Bootloader lock. Without this unlocking, we cannot interfere with the so-called Bootloader.
WARNING: After performing these operations, your device will be reset. Before you start these operations, back up your phone information. If you follow these actions, you assume full responsibility.
Install ADB Drivers on Your Computer
adb-setup > Download Download and install adb-setup program on your computer, the “y” key on the keyboard for continuous warnings while installing, and then press “ENTER” to complete the installation.
Step 1: Open developer options
- To open the developer menu is hidden, go to Settings > About phone.
- Press “MIUI version” 5-6 times in a row.
- After pressing the MIUI version 5-6 times, “You are now a developer” will be displayed.
Step 2: Unlock OEM
- To unlock the OEM: Go to Settings > Additional settings > Developer options.
- Activate the “OEM unlocking” option here.
Step 3: Create an Mi account and log in from your device.
- You need to open an Mi account to use it on our phone. We will establish a connection between the phone and this account. If you have an Mi account, skip this step, if not, create an account here. Or you can create it in Settings > Mi Account.
- Log in to your Mi account on your device from Settings > Mi Account or Settings > Accounts & sync.
Step 4: Add your Mi account to your device
- You must use mobile data to connect your Mi account to your device. Turn off Wifi first, then turn on Mobile data.
- To connect your Mi account to your phone: Go to Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Mi unlock status.
- Say “Accept” in the Permission required alert here.
- Then click the “Add account and device” button. When finished, a message and “I understand” button will appear. Click on the “Got it” button here. The process is over.
Step 5: Download the Mi Unlock tool to the computer
- We’ll use Xiaomi’s Mi Unlock tool to unlock the phone. Go to the address here. Click the “Unlock Now” button.
- Then log in with your Mi account. By clicking the three-point button below, you can make the language easier in English.
- After login you will be taken to Download Mi Unlock. You can download the tool to your computer by clicking the Download Mi Unlock button.
Step 5: Switch the device to Fastboot Mode
- We will use fastboot mode to operate the device. To do this, switch off the appliance completely.
- With the device off, press and hold the Volume Down + Power key until FASTBOOT appears on the display.
Step 6: Mi Unlock Operations
- Right-click the miflash_unlock.zip file you downloaded to the computer and say Extract to folder.
- Enter the folder you extracted, right-click the miflash_unlock.exe file and run as Administrator.
- If you want to confirm the terms of service at the opening, you can continue by clicking on the “Agree” button.
- Now connect your phone to the computer via USB while in Fastboot mode.
- He then asks you to log in with your Mi account. You can log in with your Mi Account Email and Password by clicking the “sign in” button.
- The incoming screen will check if your phone is connected. If there is no problem with the connection, red “Unlock will erase user data” appears.
- If this warning does not appear, your computer does not recognize your phone. Reconnect your phone by unplugging and installing the necessary drivers.
- If everything is ok, click the “Unlock” button.
- Unlock the phone will erase all phone data, whether to continue to unlock the phone? As for half click “Unlock anyway” button.
Stages become percentages. In general, this process stops at 50% or 95% and gives a Couldn’t unlock error. 7 days, 72, 360, or 720 hours. This is a period of time to ensure the safety of the device. After the specified time has elapsed, you can unlock again using the Mi Unlock tool.
The account output, format and so on from the phone until the time expires. Do not take action. You can continue to use the phone as normal.
- When you make repeat operations at the end of the waiting period; After the device verification and unlocking, the process is completed and the message “Unlocked successfully” is displayed.
- Finally, click the “Reboot phone” button to start the phone. Now you can set up your phone from scratch and use it as unlocked.