Remove Power on Password in Windows 10 Guide. Removing the Home screen password in Windows 10. Removing the Windows 10 Startup Password. Remove the Computer Login Password. Windows 10 Boot Screen Password Removal. How to Remove the Windows 10 Password Completely?
As you know, there are users on Windows computers. These users can secure / protect their accounts if they wish. So they can give a password to their account if they want. This password is required each time the computer is turned off, or when the computer enters sleep mode, or when the computer is turned on, ie each time the password is entered.
Remove Power on Password in Windows 10
Users can sometimes get bored with this password, which is asked at startup or immediately after sleep. every time you log in to the computer you may not want to enter this password. In this case, they can remove the password that they give to their accounts, ie Windows 10 Power-on Password Removal process.
Remove a Windows 10 account password
First, we will explain how to completely remove the account password that is put on the login screen on Windows computers.
Manually remove a Windows 10 startup password
- On your computer, click the Start Menu, click the Account icon, and then click Change account settings.
- In the window that opens, click Sign-in options in the left menu. Then click the Change button under Password.
- In the new window that opens, type your current password in the box that says Current password and continue by clicking Next.
- The password change screen will open. Since we will remove the password, we leave the fields blank here and continue by clicking Next.
- After you change your password, we will remove it because we left blank. then click Finish to complete.
Remove Windows 10 startup password with Command Prompt
- You can also remove the Windows account password with a simple line of code. To do so, click the Search icon on the Start menu, and then type “cmd” on the keyboard.
- The Command Prompt will appear in the search results. Right-click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
- A black window will open. Enter the command net user %username% * from the keyboard here and press “ENTER” on the keyboard. You should write the name of your current account at user_name.
- Continue to the prompts by pressing “ENTER” on the keyboard: Type the password for the user: and type your password again for confirmation.
The command completed successfully. You will now have your account password removed.
Windows 10 does not ask for password only at startup
In Windows 10, you have to enter the password field either with your local account or with your Microsoft account. Although this is one of the security steps, you may not want to enter a password on the login screen; Is there a way to bypass the required password entry screen? After turning on our computer, can we see our desktop directly without doing anything? The answer to this question is “Yes.” You can log on to Windows without password by following the steps below.
- First, press Win + R together on the keyboard. (Windosw key is the key on the keyboard)
- In the Run box that opens, type netplwiz or control userpasswords2 and click OK.
- When the User Accounts window opens, the User must enter a name and password to use this computer. and click OK below.
- After entering your password in the Automatic sign-in window, click OK to complete the process.
Windows 10 will no longer ask you to enter a password at boot; Instead of the password screen, you will see your desktop directly. However, if you turn off the Display or lock the computer or put it to sleep, it will ask for the password again.